Wednesday, August 24, 2005

 

Blog Spam?

Y'know, if I didn't know better, I'd say that my blog has just been spammed. Have a look at the comments on the post just below this one, thats right - the one about the book 'Blokes and Babies'. You'll see two comments from some people I've never heard of, with links to some wierd sites (something about lawn mowing and one that my ad-blocker won't let me see, which is a good thing I think...).

Anyone experienced this sort of thing before? Are they bots or real people? Are they really trying to sell some sort of penis enlarger or a video of Paris Hilton or (as it would seem) some sort of lawn maintenance service??

Well, Christine and Miskowy Blog - if you're actually real people, why don't you come forward for the nice folks and let us know what you're really about?

Comments:
Please my blog come and visit. I am real nice persun and have wonderful attachment for my vacuum cleaner that will make you veery happy.
 
I think Bimberi is real.

Larry the Watermelon ranter (see link at my blog) said that there are robo clones out there that do hunt down fields like this to place ads, if you don't have the anonymous blocker thing in place.
 
Bimberi is my bimbo brother (mmmm, alliteration). The only thing that he forgot was the spam link to certain happiness.

I think this has gone on enough, I'm going to blow away the two offending posts :)
 
Yeah, this blog spam thing has popped up in the past couple of weeks. I don't know what makes one blog more of a target than others (most of the blogs on my list get spam, I don't), and I don't know if Google are aware of it/doing something about it/possibly helping it.

I am trying to find out though. So I've been trawling the Blogger site looking for clues, which is where I saw the title of your blog, and recognising the Lovecraftianism right away, I popped in for a look!
 
A possible solution to blog spam here.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?