Monday, September 12, 2005

 

More Stellar Programming

...this time from the ABC. I'm sitting here at 3AM on Monday morning, having just gotten up to feed my hungry, hungry daughter. The TV is on to feed my sleep-deprived and otherwise vacuous brain whilst bub drains her bottle.

First, we watch the end of some appalling "Carry On" film. Dreadful. Then the sober announcer comes on and tells us the next film is rated M and contains "Some Violence". Hmmmm... should be good...

Turns out it's "Floods of Fear" - a story of what happens when the "Great Thaw" floods the Humboldt valley. It's great - escaped convicts, swquabbling city officials, flooded houses, panic in the streets... just like New Orleans, although I don't think there's anyone shooting at choppers.

Just thought I'd mention this to y'all given how outraged HarrangeMan was at Prime's programming efforts. I'm going to bed.

Comments:
This has something to do with that. Namely the several seconds of my life I just lost clicking on the IMDB link.

I'll leave you with this.

This is ,to my mind,cinema story-telling at its best, a well-written screenplay ,characters clearly delineated without undue exposition, plotting that holds the interest, and a tense climax.

Go you good thing.

BTW Oil Storm only rated 810,000. Sucked in Channel 7.
 
Damn, I wish I'd caught that. Tasteless or not, I love apocalyptic media. The tastelessness is in the advertising spots, anyway.
 
If I'd thought about it, I would have chucked in a tape. I still remember with great fondness borrowing "Panic in Year Zero" from you. Priceless!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?