Saturday, September 03, 2005

 

Sleep

Sleep is something that is near and dear to me. I love it.

However, since the arrival of my little "Bundle of Joy" two weeks ago, sleep has been more than a little elusive. It's not that the Wife and I haven't been getting sleep - far from it. I reckon we're still getting a solid 7-8 hours a night, which isn't too bad. Problem is, the bub wants feeding every 2-4 hours, so that sleep we get is in broken blocks. I'm sure we'll get used to it - won't we???

Anyhoo, I recall seeing an article a couple of weeks ago on sleep, and thought I'd share it. Enjoy!

Comments:
Your mother was right: You’ll get sick, become fat, and won’t work as well if you don’t get a good night’s sleep.

... what the hell???
 
I remember sleep...

Bimberi
 
You ought to consider naps. I just had a nap for two hours. Good stuff! :)
 
I love the theory of the nap, I have just never mastered the practice.

That said, I used to power nap all the time when I was at ADFA. We'd get 5-6 hours sleep a night, max, and so most of us would march off to our rooms on a free period and sleep for 40 minutes. I'd sleep sitting at my desk with a pillow on the desktop where I would rest my head. That way I could sleep in uniform and not crinkle it (too much...)

I had such a fantastic time at that institution...
 
I haven't entirely mastered the practice, but I'm glad I tried. I had a really broken night's sleep last night so
 
(damn it)

... so I'd be even more ratted today without it!
 
Gotta say I'm so, so very glad today I have another 4 weeks off work...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?