Saturday, July 01, 2006

 

Not Quite World of Warcraft or Guild Wars, but...

I'm a busy person. At least, I think I am. I never seem to have time for very much, especially posting to my blog. Or doing all that massively-multiplayer stuff online that all my friends (and wife) seem to get so involved in.

It's not that I don't want to - heavens no! I have seen the gorgeous graphics that are contained within Guild Wars, and the hours and hours and hours (did I mention hours) that my friends and spouse spend and enjoy playing the game. Ditto for other friends who are mad about World of Warcraft. Interesting aside, these two games seem to polarise people the same way as being "cat people" or "dog people" does. Anyone out there know folks that play both games?

I would love to get involved. Alas, I seem to lack:
  1. The time
  2. A second decent computer to run it (wife gets first dibs on the laptop)
  3. The time
However, all is not lost. I have gotten involved in a different sort of MMORPG of late. After a six-month liaison with Urban Dead, I stumbled across Cities. This is a similar sort of HTML table-based graphics game, but with a fantasy bent where Urban Dead was, well, zombies. The focus of the game is you against the environment and the monsters and quests within it, rather than a direct PVP confrontation. I've been doing bunches of quests and such, and I really enjoy it. Best thing is, it is Action Point based, so there are strict limits as to how much time I can spend playing it on any given day.



So, if you're willing to ignore the lack of gorgeous animations and immersive gameplay, and are imagination-rich and time-poor, Cities might just be for you. Tell 'em Earl Cthu1hu MD sent you!

Comments:
Earl Cthu1hu MD? :)

World of Warcraft for the win!
 
I like playing cities- I believe you are now Duke Cthu1hu.
(actually only posting this comment so you map updates :)
 
PS. That poor duck.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?